@ the Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Sept 2009
Here are some of the tweets from the journey to Jodhpur from Chandigarh.
1. After making a round of Chandigarh, heading 2 railway station 2 catch train 2 Jodhpur, Rajasthan. A Chinese n a Nepali exploring India
2. @ d upper berth of d train 2 Jodhpur. It’s 18 hr journey. Expected arivl tym 16:30 hrs tom. Verdict on Chandigarh: beautifully made city
3. This berth’s pain in my neck, v low, can’t sit. Thankfully long enough 2 stretch legs but 1 in Bombay-Gorakhpur train in Oct was torturous
4. Tryin 2 sleep, missing pillow. 2 days ago, in Jammu-Amritsar train, my shoulder had kindly become pillow 4 a man!http://twitpic.com/gc1ui
5. The rail journey to Rajasthan. Smile from the berth. Co-travelers including Xu Jie are sleeping :) http://twitpic.com/gc0vh
6. As I switched on phone, got dis SMS: Airtel Welcomes you to Rajasthan. We wish you a pleasant stay here…[it’s mornin, train’s still movin]
7. Feeling unbelievably sleepy. Train moving smwhere in Rajasthan. Desert like scene frm windows. Dust particles flowing in, can c em on phone
8. Arrived @ Bikaner Jn. leaving Lalgarh station behind. It’s not the same Maoist hotbed Lalgarh of West Bengal. I am in Rajastan.
9. Dis lil Bhanjo was makin his Mama (maternal uncle) go crazy by all his lil fundas. Almst jumped off (halted) train http://twitpic.com/gej5v
10. This train makes it’s passengers hungry! No chaiwallah, food vendors in sight since morning. Amazed. N will soon be starved : (
11. It’s bin 20 mins since dis train (Barmer-Kalka) stopped @ Badwasi station aprntly waitin 4 signal. startin 2 fil hungr. Jodhpur’s 3 hrs away
12. @abishadh yea, got pakauda like things in a station n water n some juice. After eatin Slept and Xu had to wake me up @ d Jodhpur station
13. @peterfrancon Dal Bhat’s paramount. God, hail d almighty, can wait. Jst had nice dinner @ Shivam paying gst house near Clock Tower, Jodhpur
14. The itinerary. Tom: Jodhpur, night: head to Jaisalmer (desert). Next: Udaipur via Jodhpur. From there, back to Delhi on 10th
15. @peterfrancon it was a nice day 2de. Can hear 9 PM dhamakas nw, coming frm Fort. Will reach Jaisalmer tom morn. Hoping 2 c desert 1st time!
The whole hill is occupied by the palace (fort)
His job is to, first play the music and then sell the instrument.
Visitors of all kinds reach there. This palace is the top tourist destination of the city.
Goddess of the palace
…and fashion inspiration for the locals
For the secuirty of the palace during those those days of history when Jodhpur was a separate country.
Finally, the view of the city from the Mehrangarh Fort.
Where kings used to meet their ‘subjects’ and disccuss matters of world importance!
His job is to provide musical aroma to the visitors and sell the insturments
Nothing serious, this thing doesn’t function anymore. Only a showpiece
Imagine…what will happen if it actually worked..
Xu Jie, the Chinese. Now, he is not afraid a bit because he knows its harmless!!
There are several caoonons all pointed towards the city.
It was terribly hot when we were there at the fort and Jodhpur
The city of Jodhpur
Inside the fort compound, this temple was built for the royal convinence
Our Xu Jie from China
Women exit from the main gate of the palace
And there were lot of ponies too. Tweets: 2. Jodhpur seems 2’ve more cow/oxen on streets then any cities in India (perhaps barring Banaras). No, @peterfrancon? http://twitpic.com/gkd3c7:15
AM Sep 5th from Echofon
Tweet: 1. Jodhpur transportation dilemma: Horse-cart environment friendly but slow n painful 2 animal. Auto: fast bt pollutive n terribly noisy#India5:22 AM Sep 5th from Echofon
An old clock in Umaid Bhawan Palace museum.. to keep time for the royals.
“time immemorial”. LOL.